Joyce Coronel was a columnist and correspondent for The Catholic Sun in Phoenix for 18 years. In 2015, she became editor of Wrangler News, a hometown newspaper in Tempe and Chandler, but continued as a columnist and contributor at The Catholic Sun. After the beloved diocesan newspaper published its last edition in 2020, she collaborated with the Diocese of Phoenix to produce a new publication called Encounter. Joyce and her husband are the parents of five sons, each a unique and unrepeatable gift of God. Though active in her Roman Catholic parish, Joyce has been adopted into the Chaldean family and considers herself deeply blessed to serve as a catechist at Holy Cross Chaldean Catholic Mission, preparing children to receive their First Holy Communion.
The Soulful Catholic
A blog by Joyce Coronel,
caffeine junkie and mom of five.
- Rock on, believers in Christ!
- How Our Lady of Guadalupe won over a wordsmith via QuickBooks
- Now is the time to lay your burden down for good
- Toughness, tenacity, and the will to fight, Jocko style
- Where do we go from here, pro-lifers?
- Finding our way to forgiveness as the holidays approach
- Just a little lesson on forgiveness, America
- Are you ready to share the Good News?
- Devout Catholics are the new infidels — if you’re a faithful secularist
- Politics aside, we are brothers and sisters